Sunday, April 18, 2010

Random Things About Me!

1) I love to laugh… even at the expense of others. (People are funny).
2) My family and close friends mean the world to me. They are the one’s holding the shovel… either to dig me out of a hole or to shovel the crap that sometimes surrounds me.
3) I don’t have to talk to someone daily to build relationships. If you were invited to participate in this note, you had me at HOLA!
4) If I make fun of you, that means I like you. It’s never my intention to offend anyone (oh wait, but I love to get a reaction out of people.) I love to imitate accents and dialects.
5) Traveling and meeting people are my thing. Many of my close friends were met outside of Miami. Consider yourself one of them!
6) Although I was born in Cuba, I’m a Southerner at heart. I love the South and have embraced the culture, food and people….the South shall rise again!
7) Although I’m a Southerner at heart, my Cuban culture and family in Cuba are my passion. I’ve never met a Cuban who was a stranger. We all have someone who is still on the island.
8) Music is my thing! I love any type of music. I have 3 IPods and a Zune, just because I’m a music hog! You name it, I got it!
9) My goal is to travel to 6 more states and I would have conquered all 50 of them. Which ones? Ask me!
10) My passion is educating people. It doesn’t matter the topic being discussed, you will get my opinion.
11) I don’t believe in being mediocre. We get one chance at this thing called life. I always knew I was created for greatness!
12) I don’t tolerate people who believe you have to be Hispanic, Black or White etc…. to sell, promote or deal with to build a friendship or relationship! In other words you can bring value to any group! No matter your background!
13) I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. Maybe this year I’ll start.
14) Reading is my vice! I enjoy reading and building my library. Hardbound instead of Paperback!
15) I’m a Sci-fi junkie! Watching movies or TV series can cause me to hibernate.
16) Writing is my thing! One day I’ll write books. Please visit me during my book signing tour in a city near you!
17) I’ve always been mischievous. What have I done? There are too many things to mention. I placed a tape recorder under my parent’s bed, when I was 11. (No Sex, just talking.) I forked someone’s yard! I convinced my siblings we had a sister in Cuba. I took flowers, after a funeral and used them to decorate the church. Everyone thought I bought them!
18) Most of my life changing decisions were/are made in front of the ocean!
19) I’m honored my parents would leave their homeland to afford me the opportunities and life I currently have. I am humbled by their sacrifices.
20) I don’t believe in Affirmative Action. Let’s get rid of it and employ people who are qualified to do their job! Forget the quotas!
21) My philosophy in life is “I’m not better than anyone, but there is no one better than me.” I’m not conceited. I’m just convinced.
22) I’m jealous of my dad because he has blue eyes. I tried wearing blue contacts once, but they irritated my eyes! He is sooooooo lucky.
23) Although I am a people person, sometimes I rather be alone. In other words I always need some Orlando time.
24) I don’t put limitations on others, because oftentimes they put limitations on themselves.
25) God created me an original! Why die a copy?

OE

No comments:

Post a Comment